Thursday, March 15, 2012

Sewing Diapers

The other day I started chatting with some moms about sewing, and then we kind of decided to have an impromptu sewing class.  I have a diaper AIO that I sew and said I would show them how.  So we all got together the other night and had a nice time talking sewing, sewing my diaper, and visiting.  There is quite a large cloth community in our area, so t was really nice to get to know some of the moms.  Also I love to sew and sharing that was fun.

Here is a picture of an experimental cover on my favorite model.  Not great pictures but she is a moving target.  I just downloaded a new app called fast camera.  It takes about 80 shots in a few seconds.  Tomorrow I am going to experiment and see if I can capture a good smile on my moving target!

I digress though.  The cover worked pretty good, I think I stretched the FOE a little too much in the areas where it didn't need to be stretched.  So take my advice and ease it around those areas where you are not looking for a lot of elasticity.  This cover by the way was a cotton print on the outside and PUL on the inside, edged with the foe and I used snaps on the  front.

Thanks for sewing with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment