Saturday, September 29, 2012


Farmers Market Fettuccini

Yesterday we took a trip to the farmers market.  It is a little late in the season, and we have had a horrible drought in the midwest, non the less there was one family with an awesome selection of produce.  I bought some baby purple egg plants and some beautiful red peppers and purple peppers.  This inspired me to make dinner!  That made my family happy :)
I made a basic fettuccini, but added a bit of Tilimook sharp cheddar as well as some farm fresh Asiago from our local creamery.  I love the Tilimook cheese as it is always made with hormone and antibiotic free milk.  The Asiago we get at Skyview Farms, if you are local you should look them up.  She makes some really nice cheeses.  We also buy our milk there.  But I digress… My inspiration for this meal came from those lovely vegetables.  I sliced up the eggplant, and bell pepper and sautéed it with some fresh garlic and some zucchini that I already had.  I plied all that on top of the fettuccini and viola…. add a little salad, and we had dinner.
Farmers Market Fettuccini Alfredo Recipe:
1 small Package Fettuccini Noodles
1/2 stick butter
1 cup cream
1 Cup cheese of your choice-grated, I used Asiago and Sharp Cheddar Mixed.
Farm fresh vegetables of your choice-chopped, I used:
Eggplant, zucchini, red peppers and some garlic.
1 Tbs. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Granules -Optional
Cook pasta according to direction, drain and set aside.  In large sauce pan melt the butter and then add the cream, gently heat up and reduce the cream so that the mixture thickens a little.  Pour the cream butter mixture over the pasta and toss well, add the cheese and toss well and allow the fettuccini to sit and blend together as the cheese melts.  In the mean time heat the oil in a saute pan and saute the vegetables together, salt and pepper to taste and add some garlic granules or powder if you like.
Serving:
Toss the fettuccini one more time to blend it up and distribute the cheese, spread out on a platter or shallow bowl.  Top with the hot sautéed vegetables and tada, time for dinner !

No comments:

Post a Comment