Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pumpkin Bars...Our All Time Fall Favorite

One of my all time favorite fall recipes is for Pumpkin bars.  I copied this recipe several (too many to count) years ago from my friend Sherry.  I have made it over and over again for pot lucks, company and just for us.
I hope you enjoy trying this easy and quick bar recipe.

PUMPKIN BARS


Ingredients:

Bars:
4 eggs
1 2/3 C. sugar
1 C. oil
1 - 16 oz. can of pumpkin
2 C. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda

You will bake this in an un-greased jelly roll pan.  Heat oven to 350o
Beat together the 4 eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.  Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and soda.
Mix well and spread evenly in jelly roll pan.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until springs back slightly.

Cool on rack frost with recipe below when cool.  Cut into bars and top with candy pumpkin, candy corn, or fall decorations!

Frosting:
3 oz cream cheese ( I usually use more)
1/2 C. butter softened
2 C. powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix all ingredients together well and spread of top of bars. Cut into 2x3" rectangles, or what ever size bars you like.

Pin It



1 comment: