Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Buttermilk Pie a Southern Classic



Here is another recipe that I have made for years and years. I better watch it, as I am making myself sound old! This recipe is from my friend Mary Fry, who went to be with Jesus a few years back. So it is extra special to me now, as it always reminds me of her, and the first time I ate this wonderful yet simple pie, and when she gave me the recipe.

I make this a lot in the winter when we need a warm and quick dessert. We slice it up right out of the oven and eat it warm. It is also good cold right out of the refrigerator.


Ingredients:
1 8-9" pie crust uncooked
4 eggs
1 Cup sugar
1 Tbs. vanilla
1 Cup buttermilk (I use sour milk if I don't have buttermilk)

Preheat oven to 350.  Crack eggs into a bowl and beat to blend together.  Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well (I use a wire whisk).  Pour mixture into uncooked pie crust. Bake for 30 minutes until set in the center.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment