Monday, November 14, 2011

Red9 Studios



Reposted from last week, due to operator error! Today, I am not introducing you to an Etsy shop, instead I am introducing you to another blogger, and amazing artist.  He recently had a gallery showing in Roeland Park, he currently has several of his custom designed action figures on display at Elite Comics in Overland Park, he is also a very talented musician, and I have the privilege of being his Mom!


One of my favorites.
Patrick Quinn operates RED9 Studios, which is a sculpting and casting studio that specializes in creating and designing customized figures and designer toys.  As I also mentioned he paints and makes music as well.  The thing that I think is really neat about this is that all these things tie together to make a complete body of work.  I didn't really clue into this until after he showed me several of his action figures one day, and not long after that he played a show at our youth center coffee house.  As I was listening to one of his songs, I realized he was singing about the space man that he had just showed me the other day.  His paintings all have a similar theme and feel as well.  You can see several more of his paintings here.  Patrick's muisc from his band Top Kuss can be found here.  I hope you enjoy checking out his blog, artwork and songs.  


Comment below and let me know what you think.




Major Tom Space Man Figure in progress
Wasteland Wanderer

Space Man Painting!


No comments:

Post a Comment